Friday, February 22, 2013

Blue Ridge Loop Day Hike

Last weekend I was looking for a hike near Sacramento to take my girlfriend for a fun day in the sun. I took a friend's recommendation and looked up the Blue Ridge Loop trail along Putah Creek and Lake Berryessa just outside Winters, CA. I found some info on the Sierra Club trails site and it looked great.
So we went. It is a 5 mile loop and fairly difficult. There is a good amount of elevation gain and three different peaks to hike up. I loved the mixed terrain throughout the hike. The views are gorgeous, Lake Berryessa to one side and a deep canyon on the other. We hiked the loop backwards, starting at the more westward trail access. Enjoy the pics. The weekend we went was President's Day weekend, and a 60 degree Saturday afternoon so the trail was absolutely packed, but it didn't deter from our experience. 5 out of 5 stars for this one!











No comments:

Post a Comment